Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Summer Intern in Jericho, New York
*PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: *
At Morgan Stanley, we know that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. We strive to build an organization that is diverse in experience and background, reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Our* *Pathways Summer Internship Program is an integral part of our long-term diversity recruiting strategy, open to outstanding rising junior and seniors.
During this 10-week internship, you’ll work side-by-side with a successful, established FA Advisory team. The program includes course work in industry and product-specific training, an overview of wealth management and the roles within, and an overall education about the depth and breadth of Morgan Stanley’s platform and capabilities. Throughout the program, Associates will share experiences with a virtual cohort community, participate in weekly mentoring and learning sessions, and add value through their unique perspective and strong academic background.
Pathways Summer Associate opportunities are available for students in various branches located throughout the Great Lakes Region of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in sales and operation functions to streamline processes and strengthen the client experience.
- Learn how Financial Advisors identify new opportunities and develop client relationships.
- Support Branch Management and attend branch meetings and events.
- Establish a strong FA team marketing presence, including digital and print assets, website optimization, social media campaigns and niche target market outreach.
- Perform market research and analyze financial data for client portfolios.
- Complete special projects designed to build WM capabilities, client experiences and office operations.
- Learn about various departments within Morgan Stanley and the role they play in achieving the organizations goals.
- Applicants must be in their sophomore or junior year at a 4-year accredited college or university.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Strong desire to gain further understanding of the global wealth management business.
- Basic knowledge and a keen interest in finance.
- Marketing expertise preferred.
- An ability to understand and interpret numeric data.
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively on a team.
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy, veteran or military service status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/Disability/Vet).
Job: *Wealth Management
Title: *Wealth Management Summer Intern *
Location: New York-Jericho
Requisition ID: 3230057