Hickory Hill Farm LLC Agricultural Equipment Operator in Johnstown, New York
2 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 03/11/2020 - 12/30/2020
Farm equipment operator to run 200-400 HP tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, and spray corn, soy beans, sunflowers, hay, and pumpkins. Use hand tools such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives.
Duties will include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, and pruning crops. Will drive/operate farm vehicles including trucks and forklifts, and hay balers. Set up, operate, monitor, and maintain irrigation system. Load, monitor, and maintain grain dryers. Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment. Apply fertilizers to crops. Inform farmer or farm manager of crop progress.
* Post-hire may conduct random drug tests at employer's expense.
* Lifting requirement of 80 lbs.
* Minimum of six months experience in performing the tasks described in the order.
* Workers must have or be able to obtain a drvier's license.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling, and extensive walking
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at https://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm