Don Brown Bus Sales BUS/ HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC in Johnstown, New York
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Bus/ Heavy Duty Mechanic in Johnstown, NY. The ideal candidate will be well seasoned and responsible for maximizing efficiency while achieving the highest levels of client satisfaction. We are looking for a candidate who has a proven track record, quality experience and a positive attitude.
• Able to perform most standard repairs on a wide variety of vehicles
• Ability to focus on the job at hand, while keeping both eyes open to ensure the overall safety of the vehicle
• The ideal candidate will also have a good attitude, willingness to learn, and want to work in a fun, rewarding shop
• Diagnoses potential vehicle malfunctions for the purpose of determining needed repairs and/or replacements
• Executes preventive maintenance for the purpose of maintaining vehicles in safe operating condition
• Maintains tools, equipment and shop area for the purpose of ensuring availability and function
• Verifies operational safety of equipment and devices such as brakes, clutch, lights, mirrors, glass, fire extinguishers, first-aid kits, highway warning kits, horn, warning lights and buzzers, emergency exists, wipers, signs etc.
• Changes and repairs tires; performs complete battery service and brake adjustments
• Services cooling systems (fill, drain and flush), inspects, replaces hoses, caps, valves, etc.
• Makes minor repairs by replacing lights, spark plugs, ignition parts, latches, and switches
• Operates lubrication equipment, battery charger, diagnostic equipment, drills, presses, air wrenches, and other tools and equipment as required in the performance of assigned duties
• Become well versed in NYSDOT regulations and vehicle repair
• Self-maintained tools
• Experience in a professional, high volume, fast-paced setting without sacrificing quality
• Efficiently work and maintain company minimum standards in both quality of work and shop organization
• Maintain a team like atmosphere
• Strong attention to detail and extremely descriptive
• Ability to grasp concepts and learn quickly in the industry, as it continues to change and develop
• Reliable, responsible and dedicated to fulfilling obligations
• 7:00AM - 4:30PM Monday through Thursday or Tuesday through Friday - Nights and weekends as necessary to meet work flow demands