DJ&J Farms, Inc. Farmworker and Laborer in King Ferry, New York
4 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 4/15/2019-1/20/2020.
Manually plant, cultivate, harvest, and pack vegetables including cabbage, green beans, summer squash, winter squash, pumpkins, and peas. Use hand tools such as trowels, hoes, and knives. Work on planter, planting roots, seeds, and bulbs. Spread plastic or other ground covering and clean by hand plastic from ground upon removal. Cultivate, weed, and thin plants. Transplant plants by hand.
Stake/tie plants, trellis/prune plants, and set poles and wires for vine plants. Pick, cut, lift, or pull crops to harvest them. Tie vegetables in bunches or top them. Grade, size, and package product. Apply pesticides, fertilizer, and crop protectants. Place irrigation pipe and fittings. Considerable stooping and kneeling is required. Care must be taken to prevent damaging produce and plants. Assist with general maintenance of buildings and grounds.
* This job requires a minimum of three months of verifiable prior experience working on a diversified vegetable farm handling both manual and machine tasks associated with commodity production and harvest activities.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
* Lifting requirement of 80 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Post-hire drug screen, at employers expense
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation of terms and conditions) can be found on the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm