Mental Health Association in Ulster County, Inc. Vice President of Finance in Kingston, New York
Overview The Mental Health Association in Ulster County, Inc. seeks an experienced behavioral health Finance professional to lead the organization’s finance and accounting operations, partner in the financial planning process, and work collaboratively with the executive team and board to support the organization’s continued advancement and impact.
Responsibilities The Vice President of Finance reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and works to ensure that all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department are implemented accurately and efficiently. The day-to day operations includes Accounting Systems, Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Medicaid billables, deficit funded programming and combined funding for Housing services, Accounts Payable and Receivable. This position works with the CEO and Finance Committee of the Board to develop an annual budget and provides monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Board and funding sources. This is an opportunity for a seasoned finance executive with a proven track record of effectively leading a finance team in managing state and local contract Medicaid and multiple other funding streams. Ideals candidates will have the ability to creatively problem-solve, have significant comfort with change, and the passion to join an organization poised for growth.
The VP of Finance a member of the leadership team of MHA. Primary responsibilities include:
• Oversee and maintain all financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
• Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of Finance to ensure that all operations and systems are up-to-date and executed.
• Prepare financial analyses of operations for guidance of management and perform analyses and projections relating to the allocation of funds.
• Deliver innovative financial strategies to boost revenue and maintain healthy standing.
• Work with the CEO, The Finance Committee of the Board to develop an annual budget and maintain all records necessary to implement and be accountable for the budget.
• Analyze data and current financial statements and make recommendations.
• Provide continuing analysis of variances in the budget and help leadership execute changes required to achieve budget objectives.
• Provide direction to the operations of buildings and grounds.
• Ensure that accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and according to business policies and any outstanding variances are recognized and corrected timely.
• Maintain comprehensive working knowledge of national, state and managed care reimbursement methods to make sure that the agency is compensated correctly and earnings deductions are listed accurately.
• Seek out and implement new behavioral health financial best practices and strategies.
• Advance concise, accurate financial information and reporting including cash management, cash flow projections, Medicaid billing and multi-year planning forecasts.
• Responsible for ensuring the preparation of all fiscal reports, including monthly operating report, forecasts, payroll, cash receipts and disbursements, the annual audit and mandated reporting from funding sources and government agencies are completed and timely.
• Ensure financial statements for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to funding sources.
• Participate in Board meetings and Finance Committee, preparing documents, budgets and assisting the Board in understanding the current financial position of the organization.
• Act as primary liaison with the Board Finance Committee and with the organization’s auditors.
• Oversee all technology infrastructure and systems related to finance, contracts, electronic billing and budget proposals.
• Participate and cooperate with the Corporate Compliance Program.
Required Qualifications Ideal candidates for this position must have a passion for our mission and a desire to oversee a Finance Department that has the capacity to grow. We are looking for a strategist who will support our future growth internally and externally. The ideal candidate will bring a variety of experiences and attributes to the organization, including:
• Track record of success delivering high quality and accurate content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination in a timely manner in a behavioral health or health care organization.
• Ten + years’ of progressive behavioral health/health care financial management experience with thorough knowledge of budgeting and accounting practices in a nonprofit agency in a fee-for service environment., including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. (GAAP).
• Success leading accounting, reporting, and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area; experience overseeing a finance function of at least $5M preferred.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, financial planning, effective projections, and analysis and the management of government and private grants and other restricted funding.
• Exposure to the revenue cycle, with extensive experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to senior leadership and the Board.
• Experience with grants and individual donation revenue streams as well as tracking and managing grant releases.
• Experience managing multiple buildings and grounds highly desirable.
• Experience with non-profit housing highly desirable.
• Technology savvy with experience in developing reports, budgets, graphs, etc.
• Experience managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to distill complex information into easy to understand messages.
• Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administrative initiatives.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and commitment to the mission of MHA.
• Bachelor’s degree required. CPA, MBA or Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
To apply, email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: VP.FinSearch@MHAinulster.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. For all other inquiries, please contact our search consultant, Catrese Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Mental Health Association in Ulster County, Inc. is proud to offer the following benefits to our full-time employees:
Paid Vacation / Sick / and Flex Days
Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
Retirement 403(b) Plan
Supplemental Benefits such as Telemedicine
Powered by JazzHR