Beak & Skiff Apple Farms Inc. Farmworkers and Laborers in Lafayette, New York
5 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 03/01/2020 - 11/08/2020.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest fruits including apples. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading harvested products. Repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities.
Set up and operate irrigation equipment. Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow, and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest crops. Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment. Harvest fruits by hand. Apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops. Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress. Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
* Minimum of 3 months verifiable experience in performing the tasks described in this order.
* After hiring, employer may conduct random drug tests at employer's expense.
* Workers must be physically able to lift up to 80 lbs.
* Driver requirements
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing / pulling, extensive walking.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm