Beak & Skiff Apple Farms Inc. Farmworkers and Laborers in Lafayette, New York
38 Fulltime Seasonal H-2A Jobs available 8/8/2019-11/8/2019.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest apples. Use hand tools, such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading harvested products. Repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities. Set up and operate irrigation equipment. Harvest apples by hand. Apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops. Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress. Operate tractors, tractor drawn machinery, and self propelled machinery.
* Must have a minimum of 3 months verifiable experience in performing tasks in this order.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Lifting requirement of 80 lbs.
* Repetitive movements.
* Employer may conduct random drug tests at the employers expense post hire.
* Extensive pushing and pulling
* Extensive walking.
* Due to health and safety concerns relating to pesticide application and the operation of equipment on our farm, workers are required to have the ability to comprehend simple instructions in English.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.