Lancaster SNF Registered Nurse (RN) Team Leader in Lancaster, New York
Elderwood at Lancaster, a Five Star Rated Facility, is hiring a FT RN!
Registered Nurse (RN) Team Leader team members assist in the ensuring the general health and well-being of our residents by providing direct nursing care. This position is responsible for the direct nursing care of residents which encompasses planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the care of residents to ensure that the highest degree of quality care and regulatory compliance is maintained at all times.
We are located at 1818 Como Park Blvd, Lancaster, NY 14086
Shift: FT 2pm-10p
* Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Assistants of the assigned team.
* Assist Nursing Assistants with direct care of residents, as necessary.
* Report to RN Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge RN Supervisor unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents.
* Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Assistants in implementation of the care plan.
* Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets.
* Document as applicable in the care plans, Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records.
* Monitor resident care standards during performance of duties, and encourage that rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected.
* Credentials as a Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) with a current State license required.
* Registered Nurse (RN) Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
* Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required.
* Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
* Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required. Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required.
* Physical stamina for constant activity required.
* Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
* Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, and Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual is required.
Elderwood at Lancaster is a 96 bed, five-star, skilled nursing facility (SNF). We offer comprehensive, personalized orthopedic, cardiac, and post-surgical rehab programs including physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Services and Programs include Oncology, SMARTS Express Care, Wound Care, Cardiac Telemetry Services, Palliative and Respite Care and Seasons Memory Care. We pride ourselves on a friendly, home-like atmosphere.
401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Employee of the Month recognition, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Increased Wages, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Monthly employee appreciation events, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Strong leadership, Substantial employee referral program, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition reimbursement program
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2020-12854
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.