Meredith Corporation Deputy Digital Editor, Food & Wine in Liberty, New York
Job TitleDeputy Digital Editor, Food & Wine
The deputy digital editor at Food & Wine oversees daily editorial online content,acting as lead on daily lineups, seasonal, and long-lead features. The role leads a team of editors and freelance writers and reports to the executive digital editor. The deputy digital editor helps manage the editorial team and ensures the digital workflow and execution of content among all F&W staff, print and digital stakeholders, is smooth. The deputy is responsible for developing, assigning, and editing content that is in line with both brand identity and strategic business goals. The deputy editor needs to be detail-oriented and thrive off creating and facilitating process and organization a high-volume, high-velocity editorial team.
The ideal candidate will feel extremely comfortable using analytics to help guide content creation, and will have excellent writing skills, and a passion for everything Food & Wine.
- Assign, edit, and publish a high-volume daily cadence of recipes, SEO updates and other cooking service content, and other content as needed, such as news.
--Act as primary liaison with the brand SEO strategist, helping identify on-brand opportunities and ensuring monthly optimization goals are met
- Communicate tasks and deadlines clearly with members of the F&W editorial team
-Assist as needed with producing sponsored content and work with the sales team to make sure those stories are well executed.
-Recruit freelancers and assign stories that bring perspectives and voices to the brand from contributors from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences
- Manage the digital editorial calendar in Airtable and oversee digital workflow of SEO recipes and print magazine content as it goes online
- Ideate, assign and edit and manage execution of special editorial projects, tentpoles and packages
- At least five years of digital food editorial experience
- Strong writing and line-editing skills and recipe-editing skills, with experience pitching and assigning and writing
- A strong sense of self-direction and self-sufficiency and the ability to multi-task and manage both long-term and tight deadlines
- A strong understanding of the food media landscape, the digital editorial business model, and a proactive, thoughtful, and creative approach to ideation and content creation
It is the policy of Meredith to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Meredith will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailingMeredith.Human.Resources@meredith.com.
Meredith participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
Meredith Corporation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to candidates with disabilities.