Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer Asc. (Digital Design) - INTERN in Liverpool, New York
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Our Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) business area is in search of an astute Electrical Engineering Intern to join our team for Summer 2022. This role offers an exciting gateway opportunity to experience what it is like to work for a top-tier employer known throughout the world for its engineering prowess and its game changing product offerings and robust solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks
- Design electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, domestic and international purposes
Liverpool is a village just outside of Syracuse, NY on Onondaga Lake in what is called the Central New York region. Syracuse is the major hub in the region, and has everything you would expect from a small city with a strong college influence. New York City and Philadelphia, PA are each about a 4 hour ride away, Rochester is just over an hour and ¼ to the west, and The Finger Lakes region with its beautiful scenery and wineries are just off to the west. Beautiful Lake Ontario and hundreds of other lakes are nearby and the Adirondack Mountains are just two hours to the northeast. Major colleges and universities in the region include Hamilton College, Cornell University, Le Moyne College, SUNY Oswego, Colgate University, SUNY Cortland, Utica College, Ithaca College, Syracuse University, the SUNY ESF and SUNY IT.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's level degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical field and zero years of professional experience
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance, therefore, U.S. Citizenship is required
- FPGA development utilizing VHDL and/or Verilog, with applied knowledge of either the Xilinx or Intel FPGA devices and their associated application environments
- Ability to implement designs under guidance/direction, using current technology such as FPGAs, Microprocessors, DSPs, and Interface Controllers
- General knowledge of digital circuit design, board design, and standard test equipment such as oscilloscope's and logic analyzers
- Possess good oral, written, and presentation skills, with a familiarity with the Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to efficiently perform on multiple tasks simultaneously
* A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher is preferred but not required
* VHDL firmware programming capability, and having applied that knowledge on an FPGA device (Xilinx or Intel)
* Utilized the Xilinx Vivado and/or Intel Quartus development platforms to successfully build and test an executable hardware implementation of code which they have written
* General understanding and experience with Microsoft Office applications
* Experience with MatLab, Labview, Cuda, OpenCL, C, C++ programming languages
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs