Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineering Asc. -- Intern in Liverpool, New York
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated will be required to adhere to onsite safety protocols.
Description: Lockheed Martin Corporation's Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) business is in search of an astute Electrical Engineering Intern to join our team. This role offers an exciting gateway opportunity to experience what it is like to work for a top-tier employer known throughout the world for its engineering prowess and its game changing product offerings and robust solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Work as part of an diverse engineering team that develops electronic components and subsystems for undersea systems
- Expected to interface with other electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, draftsmen and Operations (Manufacturing) personnel on the development of detailed electrical designs
- Work closely with a senior engineers in the design, assembly and test of these complex electronic systems
- Document and report schedule, financial and technical progress on all task responsibilities is expected
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team oriented product development organization
- Proficiency with the use of personal computers, including word processing and graphical applications is required
Liverpool is a village just outside of Syracuse, NY on Onondaga Lake in what is called the Central New York region. Syracuse is the major hub in the region, and has everything you would expect from a small city with a strong college influence. New York City and Philadelphia, PA are each about a 4 hour ride away, Rochester is just over an hour and ¼ to the west, and The Finger Lakes region with its beautiful scenery and wineries are just off to the west. Beautiful Lake Ontario and hundreds of other lakes are nearby and the Adirondack Mountains are just two hours to the northeast. Major colleges and universities in the region include Hamilton College, Cornell University, Le Moyne College, SUNY Oswego, Colgate University, SUNY Cortland, Utica College, Ithaca College, Syracuse University, the SUNY ESF and SUNY IT.
- Pursuing a BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related major, such as Computer Engineering or Physics
- Ability to work in integrated teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
* 2.5 GPA or higher preferred, but not required (Cumulative or Major GPA)
* Experience/exposure to MATLAB, Spice, LabVIEW, circuit board design, and/or analog/digital test equipment is desired
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs