Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer Asc -- INTERN in Liverpool, New York
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: **This is for a Summer 2022 internship**
Here at Lockheed Martin's RMS business in Liverpool, NY we are working on many exciting defense programs and developing cutting edge products and applications to meet the complex and evolving needs of our DOD and international customers.
We are looking for talented Mechanical Engineers to join our team, working with other engineering disciplines to develop many best-in-class products and solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Work as part of an engineering team to develop electro-mechanical packaging concepts for elements of large scale radars or undersea systems
- Interface with Systems, Electrical Engineers, Drafting and Operations personnel in the development of detailed packaging designs and assembly strategies
- Work closely with a senior engineer, component technology and configuration management personnel in the preparation and release of engineering specifications, parts lists and drawings
- Documentation and reporting of schedule, financial and technical progress on all task responsibilities is expected
Candidates should have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in an integrated product development team. Proficiency with the use of personal computers, including word processing and graphical applications is required. The successful candidate will be flexible, motivated, dedicated, detail-focused, team-oriented, and capable of multi-tasking.
Liverpool is a village just outside of Syracuse, NY on Onondaga Lake in what is called the Central New York region. Syracuse is the major hub in the region, and has everything you would expect from a small city with a strong college influence. New York City and Philadelphia, PA are each about a 4 hour ride away, Rochester is just over an hour and ¼ to the west, and The Finger Lakes region with its beautiful scenery and wineries are just off to the west. Beautiful Lake Ontario and hundreds of other lakes are nearby and the Adirondack Mountains are just two hours to the northeast. Major colleges and universities in the region include Hamilton College, Cornell University, Le Moyne College, SUNY Oswego, Colgate University, SUNY Cortland, Utica College, Ithaca College, Syracuse University, the SUNY ESF and SUNY IT.
Basic Qualifications :
- Pursuing Bachelor's level degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Applicable educational background in solid mechanics, materials, fluid mechanics and heat transfer analysis techniques is required along with some proficiency with CAD software
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance, therefore, U.S. Citizenship is required
* A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher is preferred but not required
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs