Elderwood at Liverpool Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager in Liverpool, New York
RN Unit Managers: Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and looking to lead & cultivate a team that creates a supportive & nurturing environment* We are looking for a compassionate and talented manager who has a passion for caring for our Residents. You found the right place, it\'s time to love your job!
Elderwood at Liverpool is searching for caring & responsible Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager to aide our very busy 40-bed Sub-Acute/Rehabilitation Unit at our Skilled Nursing facility in Liverpool, NY. The position typically works Monday - Friday Days shift!
Elderwood is in growth mode and just completed a beautiful multi-million dollar renovation to our facility including investing in new state of the art equipment and iPads for our nursing staff! We offer increased RN salaries, comprehensive benefits and an extensive orientation & training program to ensure you have all the tools you need to succeed. We just recently increased our wages and offer an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision coverage, paid vacations and holidays, an Education and Tuition Assistance Program and much more.
Elderwood at Liverpool has been providing top notch care at their location for 34 years - Apply Today!
The Unit Manager is responsible for the nursing services rendered for residents of forty (40) bed unit on a twenty-four hour basis; involves communication with physician, management of nursing staff performance, and responsibility for nursing care reporting, documentation, planning, implementation and evaluation. They will also be responsible for:
* Assuming responsibility for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a residents' nursing plans of care, and coordination of inter-disciplinary goals and approaches to needs or health problems of residents.
* Leads in-service programs, and serves as a training resource for unit staff.
* Assumes responsibility for the supervision of nursing staff assigned to the unit
* Attends the following meetings: Resident Care Planning Meeting, Staff Meeting, Quality Assurance Committee Meeting.
* Assumes responsibility for nursing care given to each resident
* Possession of an RN New York State License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) required.
* Minimum of two years (RN) nursing experience, and at least one year of experience in an (RN) nursing leadership role; interest or experience in geriatric/rehabilitation nursing required.
* Med-Surg/Hospital Experience a plus!
* Possession of a baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred.
* Management skills for supervising staff and coordinating care of residents required.
* Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem-solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
* Caring and compassionate attitude towards residents required.
Elderwood at Liverpool is a 160 bed skilled nursing facility (SNF) in a quiet suburban neighborhood just 10 minutes from Syracuse. We offer comprehensive,personalized orthopedic,cardiac,and post-surgical rehab programs,including physical,occupational,and speech therapy. Services and programs include: Oncology,Wound Care,Palliative Care and Seasons Memory Care Program.
Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Relaxing employee lounge with free iced/hot coffee
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Employer's Job# 2020-12126
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.