Lockheed Martin RF/EE Hardware Engineer Asc. - INTERN in Liverpool, New York
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all current and newly hired employees, in the United States, are required to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022.
Description: Lockheed Martin Corporation's Rotary & Mission Systems (RMS) business is in search of an astute RF/EE Hardware Engineer Intern to join our team. This role offers an exciting gateway opportunity to experience what it is like to work for a top-tier employer known throughout the world for its engineering prowess and its game changing product offerings and robust solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the designs for Radio Frequency systems and circuitry
- Support designs and develop RF circuitry used in high frequency and microwave applications, including receivers, transmitters, antennas, and frequency synthesizers
- Assist for hardware layout, component evaluation, prototype construction, and test
- Prepare test methods and specifications; analyze and test RF hardware to verify performance characteristics
- Provides inputs to Product Development for formal documentation and support manufacturing during the deliverable assembly and test phase
Liverpool is a village just outside of Syracuse, NY on Onondaga Lake in what is called the Central New York region. Syracuse is the major hub in the region, and has everything you would expect from a small city with a strong college influence. New York City and Philadelphia, PA are each about a 4 hour ride away, Rochester is just over an hour and ¼ to the west, and The Finger Lakes region with its beautiful scenery and wineries are just off to the west. Beautiful Lake Ontario and hundreds of other lakes are nearby and the Adirondack Mountains are just two hours to the northeast. Major colleges and universities in the region include Hamilton College, Cornell University, Le Moyne College, SUNY Oswego, Colgate University, SUNY Cortland, Utica College, Ithaca College, Syracuse University, the SUNY ESF and SUNY IT.
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
* Interest and enthusiasm for RF design
* Effective communication and organizational skills
*Knowledge of Design and Analysis tools such as Pspice, HFSS, CST MW Studio, MATLAB, and LabVIEW
* Experience with RF Power Amplifier development, impedance matching and optimization is a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs