JetBlue Airways Corp. Engineer Aircraft Systems in Long Island City, New York
Engineer Aircraft Systems
The Engineer is responsible for technical accuracy and reliability of aircraft mechanical systems/components.
* Reviews and actions Airworthiness Directives (AD) so as to endure compliance with applicable regulations
* Reviews Service Bulletins, Service Letters, etc. for applicability and system reliability and/or economic benefits
* Develops technical data required for modifications/repairs of aircraft systems and components
* Obtains regulatory approval for modifications/repairs performed on JetBlue aircraft systems and components
* Develop customized procedures and special criteria for repairs, modifications, inspections, servicing, and other maintenance actions which are not adequately addressed in existing manuals
* Prepares engineering documents such as Engineering Orders (EO) to provide technical dispositions for repairs, modifications, inspection or other maintenance actions on aircraft systems and components, which provide benefits in accordance with airline/departmental objectives
* Establishes build specifications for aircraft systems/components
* Other assignments as directed by the Manager, Engineering
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering, with a background in aircraft systems, including but not limited to, Air Conditioning, Fire Detection, Flight Controls, Fuel, Hydraulics, Ice and Rain, Landing Gear, Pneumatics, Water and Waste
* Five (5) years experience in an Applied Engineering discipline with an emphasis on aircraft systems
* Background in troubleshooting aircraft systems
* Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) governing aircraft certification and maintenance
* Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
* Airbus experience
* Two (2) years airline industry experience
* Computer literate in Microsoft software such as Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Project
* Possess reliability analysis skills to identify root cause of systems problems
* Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical abilities
* Able to communicate technical issues in an assertive and tactful manner
* Project management skills
* Able to manage and coordinate several tasks and projects simultaneously
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Computer and other office equipment
* Ear plugs and safety goggles for on-site support
* Normal Office Environment
* Hangar Environment
* Irregular work shifts, on-call, and multiple work locations
* Work may be outdoors with seasonal weather
* Bids work schedule by seniority (days, swings, or midnight shift, holidays)
* Travel may be required
* Ability to work in elevated areas
* Light physical effort required by handling objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently. (Light)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Employer's Job# 36832
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.