John Mark & Maureen Torrey Partnership Farmworker & Laborer in Lyndonville, New York
14 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 4/15/2019-2/15/2019.
Operating large farm equipment and machinery equipped with GPS for cultivating, tilling, fertilizing, planting and harvesting grain and oilseed crops such as corn, silage; transporting crops from field to storage facilities, operating haying equipment for hay production of swathing, raking, bailing, stacking and transporting from field to storage using 10-wheel trucks; assisting with vaccinating, ear tagging, supplements and feeding of livestock, assisting with birthing of baby calves from mother cows and heifers.
Will operate large farm equipment and perform a variety of crop raising duties at various properties in Genesee, Orleans and Niagara Counties. Will plow, harrow, plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, and harvest hay and grain crops using a variety of farm machinery. Will transport commodities from field to storage facilities. Will repair and maintain buildings and fences. Will pick stone and push/spread manure and clean barns. CDL experience requested. Drive vehicle to transport workers to work location.
* Three months experience in commercial, conventional farming in the jobs listed is required.
* Workers must have a minimum of three months verifiable experience in performing the described tasks
* Random drug test may be done if required by a government regulation, post-hire at employers expense.
* Lifting requirement of 60 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling, extensive walking and frequent stooping.
* Driver requirements
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.