Childstock Farms Inc Farmworker and Laborer in Malone, New York
10 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 6/20/2020-10/31/2020.
Hand-harvest and field pack vegetables (potatoes, greens, spinach, herbs). Weed, thin plants, cut seed potato, and grade potatoes. Prepare field for planting. Transplant plants, riding on transplanter or by hand. Tie vegetables in bunches or top them. Pick, cut, lift or pull crops to harvest them. Knives will be used when harvesting and field packing. Load field trailers. Care must be taken to prevent damaging product and plants. Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to harvest crops.
Workers are expected to perform duties, including boxing, weighing, and loading of produce. Workers may assist in warehousing/palletizing and loading trucks/trailers with produce weighing from 50-60 lbs and lifting to a height of 5 feet. Assist with sorting of potato shipments. Cut seed potatoes by hand. Assist with field preparation.
* Workers must have a minimum of 3 months of verifiable experience in the aforementioned.
* Lifting requirement of 60 lbs.
* After hire, employer may conduct random drug testing at employer's expense.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Repetitive movements, extensive walking, extensive pushing/pulling and frequent stooping/bending.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm