GlobalFoundries BEOL Reliability Engineer - Summer Internship 2022 in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
As a Reliability Engineer working in the US Reliability team at Fab8 located in Malta, New York, you will be responsible for reliability characterization and evaluation for advanced CMOS technology nodes, mainly focusing on intrinsic wafer-level reliability mechanisms such as electromigration and time-dependent dielectric breakdown of MOL/BEOL (Middle of Line/Backend of Line) interconnects. In this role, you will collaborate with Process Integration and Advanced Module Engineering for developing reliable technology solutions and assessing the reliability risk of manufacturing processes. You will provide wafer level reliability support for technology qualification and process improvement.
**Essential Responsibilities include:**
- Develop reliability models and test methodologies in the area of BEOL and MOL reliability
- Define and execute reliability tests and stresses
- Process qualification focusing on MOL/BEOL reliability
- Plan and manage hardware to meet program schedules
- Perform data analysis and generate reliability models
- Support reliability risk assessment for manufacturing
- Provide wafer level reliability expertise and consultation to Process Integration, Advanced Module Engineering, and Manufacturing
- Address customer requests or issues involving reliability
- Document the results and prepare a qualification report as a end product for the customer use
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or Related Technical Discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or Related Technical Discipline
- Technical expertise on wafer-level reliability of semiconductor devices obtained through your educational level research and/or relevant job/internship experiences
- Sound technical understanding of reliability physics and mechanisms on state-of-the-art technologies, including BEOL and FEOL
- Co-op or internship in the semiconductor industry
- Capability to develop and execute reliability tests
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a global matrixed team or environment
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.