GlobalFoundries Equipment Engineer - Etch - Summer Internship 2022 in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
This position will be located at GlobalFoundries in Malta, New York (Fab8) and report to the Etch Equipment Engineering Manager. This position is for a candidate that will graduate and be ready to enter the workforce within the next two years. This candidate must be enrolled in a BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant Engineering discipline.
**Essential Responsibilities include:**
As an Equipment Engineering intern, you are responsible to support the Fab8 Etch equipment engineering and maintenance teams. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to:
- Successful candidates will be comfortable leading improvement projects and working on a diverse team in a manufacturing environment.
- They will work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong teaming skills with technicians, Engineers and managers
- Currently Enrolled in an Accredited College and or University in Bachelor's Program - Majoring in Engineering, Materials Science or Solid-State Physics. • Strong Academic Standing • Language Fluency - English (Written & Verbal)
- Strong Academic Standing
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
- Microsoft office collaboration tools
- Strong Written & Verbal Communications Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Self-Motivated, able to take ownership of assignments, develop work plans and proactively seek feedback to ensure objective are aligned and met
- Team player, able to succeed in a dynamic, fast paced environment
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.