GlobalFoundries Facilities Chemical Engineer - Summer Internship 2022 in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Interns to fill Facilities Chemical & Slurry operations Intern positions. The Chemical operations team is accepting applications for a Chemical Engineering Student to fill this role. This position is to provide support to the high purity chemical and CMP slurry blending and distribution operations especially on the following areas at our 300mm Wafer Fabrication facility located in Malta, New York.
Incoming quality monitoring
Effective monitoring of on-site blended chemicals and slurries
Quality enhancement such as Filtration and particle performance monitoring
Additionally, this Intern position will support all Facilities Systems associated with chemical and slurry operations to meet regulatory compliance and all City, State, and Federal guidelines. Intern will participate and lead continuous improvement initiatives required to improve equipment reliability and reduce operational costs.
**Essential Responsibilities include:**
- Utilize all Safety and Operational Risk Control procedures to coordinate work activities support GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal for zero safety accidents and production impacts
- Assist in the development of effective Standard Operational Procedures (SOP's) for assigned equipment and systems
- Support Facilities Engineers/System owners to establish best practical approach for incoming chemical quality monitoring and efficient maintenance of Chemical distribution systems. (Chemical receiving, storage, filtration, particle monitoring and distribution support systems)
- Support Facilities Engineers to complete projects required to support operational cost control initiatives. This will include working with outside agencies on various cost incentive programs
- Utilize Statistical Process Control (SPC) program identify and correct operational issues before they impact production.
- Engage with various stakeholders to gather technical specifications and update various systems accordingly
- Support additional initiatives as required to support the operations of the Fab 8 facility
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering or similar area of study.
- Applicants will need to have completed their sophomore year.
- Dynamic, resourceful self-starter with good analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Available and willing to flex work hours as needed to support emergency operational issues
- Strong computer software skills. Ability to quickly learn and navigate business applications
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.