GlobalFoundries Facilities Engineering Internship - Engineering and Operations - Summer 2022 in Malta, New York
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GlobalFoundries is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.gf.com.
**Summary of Role:**
GlobalFoundries Fab 8 is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individual to fill a Data Analysis and Web Application Developer Intern position. The Business Systems team is accepting applications for a Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering Student to fill this role.
The selected candidate will partner with an experienced mechanical engineer and be responsible for all aspects of operating, maintaining, troubleshooting and continuous improvements to various web applications and data systems at Fab 8.
Fab 8 is a state-of-the-art 300mm wafer fab, and the Fab 8 Facilities Business Systems Team is a group of highly skilled and dedicated engineers and technicians responsible for maintaining and improving the various processes for asset management, training coordination, finances, and data intensive services.
**Essential Responsibilities Include:**
- Utilize all Safety and Operational Risk Control Procedures to coordinate and/or perform all work activities in support of GlobalFoundries goal of zero safety or environmental incidents and no production impacts.
- Support Facilities Business Systems in the continued development and deployment of various web-based applications.
- Support Facilities Engineers to complete projects required to support operational improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
- Assist in the development of effective documentation for various assigned tasks.
- Support additional initiatives as needed to support the operations of the Fab 8 facility.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Mechanical Engineering or similar related area of study
- Applicants will need to have completed their sophomore year.
- Dynamic, resourceful self-starter with good analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer software skills. Ability to quickly learn and navigate business applications.
- Passionate about solving real world problems.
- Available and willing to flex work hours as needed to support emergency operational issues
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.