GlobalFoundries Silicon Validation - Summer 2021 Engineering Intern in Malta, New York
Summary of Role
This position is for summer 2021 Engineering Intern within GLOBALFOUNDRIES Technology Enablement Department located in Malta, NY. We are looking a highly skilled and motivated Engineering Intern to work on the development of advanced technology nodes, FinFET and FD-SOI, within a dynamic team of semiconductor development experts. The selected candidate will be working on advanced technology nodes (12nm/22nm/28nm).
- Work closely with FAB Technology Development and Device Modeling teams to understand and validate Design Rules and Model accuracy
- Work with process integration and yields engineers to understand and validate prevalent process/design driven fail modes.
- Engage in 12LP, 22FDX and 28SLP technology development by designing experimental electrical test structures to assess Advanced Packaging process/design driven fail modes followed by Silicon data analysis to identify design/process interactions and weak points
- Si data collection thru wafer test and Si data analysis using internal and external statistical tools, fail modes review and Si validation report generation
- Si data collection from mosfets with and without TSV. Study the impact of TSV on device behavior from electrical and thermal behavior. Verify the TSV impact on device characteristics matches process expectation.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - MS or PhD Student enrolled in an accredited Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Experience - Strong hands-on coding/scripting experience with Python (minimum 3 months)
- Travel - None
- Language Fluency - English, written and verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands - None
- Semiconductor process technology and VLSI design courses
- Familiarity with design, physical layout tools: Cadence, Calibre
- Basic understanding of semiconductor fabrication process, semiconductor devices
- Excellent academic standing
- Self-motivated; team player; able to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
Procedure: All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.