GlobalFoundries Software Development/OPC Automation - Summer 2021 Intern in Malta, New York
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
**Summary of Role:**
This internship is a software development project in the area of optical proximity correction (OPC) automation and is located at GLOBALFOUNDRIES' state of the art 300mm wafer fab in Malta, NY. The intern will be working on one or more of several project opportunities, including improving automation in OPC metrology, and automating optical proximity correction simulations.
- Ability to multitask
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - Pursuing a BS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other closely related engineering or physical science discipline
- Experience - Strong object-oriented programming background with experience in python
- Travel - Not required
- Language Fluency - Fluency in English Language - (Written & Verbal)
- Physical Capacity Demands - None
- Pursuing a MS or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or other closely related engineering or physical science discipline
- Exposure to C++, object-oriented TCL, and database management
- Experience working in a Linux cluster environment
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of physics, optics, and semiconductor processing
- An understanding of AGILE software development, and the Scrum AGILE framework
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.