Ledge Rock Farms LLC Farmworker and Laborer in Medina, New York
10 Fulltime Seasonal H-2A Jobs available 08/23/2019 - 11/13/2019.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest fruits, grains and vegetables, such as apples, strawberries, squash, and pumpkins. Use hand tools such as shovels, trowels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, shears, and knives. Duties include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning, or pruning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading harvested products. Construct trellises, repair fences and farm buildings, or participate in irrigation activities. Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow, and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest crops. Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment. Harvest apples by hand. Apply pesticides, herbicides, or fertilizers to crops. Clear and maintain irrigation ditches.
Productivity must be at least 5 20 bushel bins per day of fresh market fruit, and 7 20 bushel bins per day of processing fruit.
* Must have a minimum of three months experience in performing the tasks described
* Must be physically able to lift up to 75 lbs. on a consistent basis throughout the day.
* Once hired, employer may conduct random drug tests at employer's expense.
* Extensive sitting, exposure to extreme temps, repetitive movements, extensive walking
* Extensive pushing / pulling and frequent stooping
* Employer will train
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicant from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.