Henry Schein, Inc. Business Analytics & Reporting Systems Manager in Melville, New York
This position is responsible for managing complex projects and processes for the Medical Commercial Planning & Business Analytics team
*KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Manage the Microsoft Power BI system. Development of new content and management of existing content supporting the Medical division.
- Regular interaction with Area VP’s, Sales Directors, General Managers, and Director of FP&A to help develop and implement new strategies focused on sales volume and margin initiatives
- Translate profit opportunity strategy into structured processes and procedures to be deployed across the business analytics team
- Partner with Director to establish key operational goals and accountable for measurable success of sales volume and margin initiatives
- Team leader for all business analytics projects and process improvement initiatives. Will help to work through complex analytical requests, as well as support all reporting and technology-based problems and issues
- Manage the roll out of complex new processes and procedures across business analytics team including delegation of new processes and procedures as well as training the staff
- Work independently to provide continued optimization of all Business Analytics reports and reporting processes
- Technology Liaison between Business Analytics, Medical Technology, Pricing, and corporate IT, responsible for independently leading technology-based projects and implementations.
- Support the business analytics team as needed during the annual sales budgeting process as well as ongoing maintenance of territory budgets. Train team to develop and maintain existing Medical Power BI reporting and analytics system.
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of multiple disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Assignments are broad in nature and require excellent judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity to solve. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories and concepts of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of complex issues and assignments in creative and effective ways. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May play a support role in high-level projects that have an impact on company’s future direction. May take on project lead role on medium-sized projects. Barriers to entry may exist at this level.
Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Interpret internal and/or external business issues and recommend solutions/best practices to solve a range of complex problems and assignments; take a broad perspective to identify solutions. Exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Guide others in resolving complex issues based on existing solutions and procedures. Network with key senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Determine methods and procedures for new assignments and work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. May act as a resource to formally train and mentor TSMs with less experience. Assignments are broad and moderately complex in nature. May manage vendor relationships.
*WORK EXPERIENCE: *
Typically 8 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience.
*PREFERRED EDUCATION: *
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent preferred. May hold two or more industry certifications.
*GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES: *
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Excellent planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company
- Good negotiating skills
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
- Specialist in multiple technical and/or business skills
- Ability to cultivate and develop lasting internal and external customer relations
*SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: *
- Proficient in Microsoft Power BI including new development and management of existing models and/or proficient in SQL server development and management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills as well as the ability to work with various databases
- Experience with Microsoft Access a plus
*PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: *
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Title: Business Analytics & Reporting Systems Manager
Requisition ID: R117185