The Bristal Assisted Living Event Coordinator in Melville, New York
Plan, develop and coordinate all events and social programs, both onsite and offsite, for the Residents. Creating positive Resident experiences that will leave them looking forward to the next event.
- Plan and coordinate outings to a variety of venues that will appeal to our sophisticated Residents, i.e., art galleries, theater, music, sporting events, comedy shows, religious programs, cultural events, seasonal venues etc.
- Research local “hot spots” such as restaurants & shopping locations, to recommend to Residents.
- Stay informed about the “happenings” in the Long Island/NYC area, such as festivals/fairs, seasonal/holiday events etc.
- Develop, plan and coordinate special events within the residence such as holiday parties, socials, entertainment.
- Provide constant activity within the residence, which will allow for the expansion of friendships.
- Assist Residents to continue with interests, hobbies and activities that they have previously pursued.
- Develop and maintain new opportunities to offer Residents that will enhance their lives with new learning experiences. These via the learning of new crafts, dramatic club, choral groups, discussion groups – new avenues for self-expression.
- Assist Residents in the formation of various clubs and organizations and interest groups, thus generating opportunities for leadership and involvement in the workings of the community.
- Coordinate exercise and swim programs for Residents according to individual Resident needs.
- Driving company vehicle with Resident passengers, as needed.
- Interview all new Residents, provide them with a welcome basket and provide new Resident with orientation to building, available amenities, activities, outings etc.
- Establish a welcome committee to assure new Residents’ move-in will be as smooth as possible.
- Plan a monthly calendar of events for Residents that includes on-going diversified activities that meet the religious, social, emotional, educational and recreational needs of the Residents.
- Write and edit a monthly newsletter, copies of which will be provided to each Resident and appropriate staff. These will be distributed to referral sources and recent inquiries and used as a marketing tool.
- Coordinate Resident monies for special activities and events planned and run by the Social/Events Department.
- Request, in accordance with the activities budget, supplies necessary for the program.
- Coordinate transportation for all special trips planned by the Social/Events Department.
- Maintain knowledge of Residents’ backgrounds, hobbies, special interests, languages spoken, etc.
- Arrange for photographs to be taken at major events and maintain an album of these pictures. Distribute press releases of events to local news media.
- Become knowledgeable on how to operate all equipment used for the Social/Events Department.
- Network with outside contacts to recruit social and educational groups in the community to participate in Encore Luxury Living activities.
- Provide positive publicity to the community
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Executive Director.
- Manage the Social/Events Department staff, including interviewing/hiring/coaching & mentoring/training/disciplining/terminating.
- Create monthly schedules for the Social/Events Department staff ensuring coverage on all shifts. Responsible to cover shifts in person if coverage cannot be obtained.
- Evaluate Social/Events Department staff and perform annual evaluations.
- Perform Safety Observation reports on staff.
- Selectively recruit volunteers to assist in social programs.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree in related field.
- Requires experience working with an older adult population.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in planning events and developing a social activities program geared to an active older adult population.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work within a budget.
Location: Melville, New York
Location Name: Long Island Area
Wage: Depends on Experience
Position Type: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift