Henry Schein, Inc. Global Corporate Brand Manager in Melville, New York
This position is responsible for managing the global corporate brand management strategy and on-going management of the portfolio of product brands. Scope includes responsibility for defining the global corporate brands, including brand development, brand statements, brand positioning, new brands and potential brand acquisitions. Position supports the broader Henry Schein Brand team to realize stated market share targets and annual sales and gross profit budgets on a country-by-country basis by working in close coordination with the Corporate Brand Product Development, Product Content and Henry Schein Brand Commercial Teams. Leading a team of Brand Management Specialists, this role is also responsible for sub-brand strategy, packaging standards/guidelines, and defining competitive benchmark brands to provide guidance on pricing and promotion activities.
*KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Brand Statements and Positioning - Define detailed positioning of any existing or new corporate brand to ensure clear understanding of brands value proposition, positioning relative to benchmark competitive brands, packaging and design elements, and guidelines on proper price position of the brand. In collaboration with the VP, own and defend these brands to ensure a consistent global brand with a clear value proposition to both customers and internal sales/marketing/merchandising team members.
- Brand Trademarks - Develop appropriate and impactful sub-brands and manage trademark process in association with Henry Schein legal teams. Ensure naming conventions have universal appeal.
- Packaging - Manage brand packaging strategy and design elements, including decisions related to languages and changes required for regulatory compliance, but in a manner that is aligned with brand positioning statements and general packaging guidelines. Develop clear guidelines for downstream designers to follow. Ensure such guidelines remain compliant with broader company design guidelines.
- Leadership: Directly oversee team of Brand Management Specialists to execute on stated strategy, create accountable workflows with direct reports, train and develop the
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of multiple disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Assignments are broad in nature and require excellent judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity to solve. Complete understanding and wide application of principles, theories and concepts of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of complex issues and assignments in creative and effective ways. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May play a support role in high-level projects that have an impact on company’s future direction. May take on project lead role on medium-sized projects. Barriers to entry may exist at this level.
Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Interpret internal and/or external business issues and recommend solutions/best practices to solve a range of complex problems and assignments; take a broad perspective to identify solutions. Exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Guide others in resolving complex issues based on existing solutions and procedures. Network with key senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Determine methods and procedures for new assignments and work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. May act as a resource to formally train and mentor TSMs with less experience. Assignments are broad and moderately complex in nature. May manage vendor relationships.
*WORK EXPERIENCE: *
Typically 8 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience.
*PREFERRED EDUCATION: *
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent preferred. May hold two or more industry certifications.
*GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES: *
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Excellent planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Excellent independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company
- Good negotiating skills
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
- Specialist in multiple technical and/or business skills
- Ability to cultivate and develop lasting internal and external customer relations
*SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: *
- Knowledge of the healthcare or dental market preferred
- Advanced brand management skills with demonstrated ability to create, launch and manage successful global product brands
- Understand, interpret and act on financial information and data that contributes to business results and profitability
- Strong research skills with ability to develop, implement and interpret voice of customer research on brand and product insights
- Content development, business process planning and marketplace assessment
- Requires creativity, conceptualizing, project management and collaboration skills in a matrix environment
- Ability to plan and manage successful projects; understand available resources, develop timeline, budget, assign tasks and areas of responsibility
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and techniques
- Ability to lead virtual teams
*PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: *
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
/Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status./
/For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at://www.henryschein.com/careers/
Title: Global Corporate Brand Manager
Requisition ID: R117257