Henry Schein, Inc. Sr IT Software Engineer I in Melville, New York
This position is responsible to develop, test, analyze and maintain new software applications and standard reporting as well as maintaining and updating existing applications and reports in support of the achievement of business requirements. Write, code and test applications and reports. Research, design, document and modify software specifications. Create functional specifications for moderately complex to complex requirements.
- Modify and debug more complex existing IT applications for use throughout the Company.
- Analyze existing programs, devise logic procedures, prepare flowcharting, perform coding and test/debug programs.
- Develop system implementation plans.
- Prepare and obtain approval of system and programming documentation.
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Assist in training users in implementation of system.
Seasoned, experienced senior level professional; in-depth knowledge and full understanding of two or more disciplines and good knowledge of other related disciplines. Strong judgment and analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve a wide range of issues and assignments in creative ways. Assignments are typically broad in nature. Serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project lead role on small scale projects.
Work on complex issues/projects where analysis of data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Use best practices and knowledge of business issues and strategic direction to solve complex problems where precedent may not exist; recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate strong judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel inside and outside own area of expertise.
Receive minimal instruction on day-to-day work and minimal instruction on new projects or assignments. May act as a resource to provide formal guidance for TSMs with less experience. Assignments can be broad in nature. May manage vendor relationships.
Typically 6 to 8 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent understanding of industry practices
- Strong proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Strong planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Strong decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, ability to build partnerships externally
- Good negotiating skills
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
- Project management, consultative skills and ability to manage a budget
*SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: *
- Ability to write semi-complex program specifications and coding from program specifications
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing, by phone and in person and work effectively at all levels of the organization, within and outside of IT
- Ability to handle confidential data
Technical proficiency in specific languages and development tools, as follows:
.Net Web Developer:
- Good knowledge of AngularJS, Bootstrap,MVC,AJAX, XML, JSON, SQL, LINQ, designing microservices, Web APIs.
Technical knowledge and experience in following languages and development tools is a plus:
- Good knowledge and experience in AS/400 environments with exposure to RPG
- Good knowledge and experience in DB400,SQL Server and JDE ERP
- Good knowledge and experience in Java, WebShpere, WebFOCUS
*PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: *
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
/Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status./
Title: Sr IT Software Engineer I
Requisition ID: R115646