Island Park, LLC Nursery Field Worker in Menands, New York
3 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 3/1/2019-12/31/2019.
This is a balled and burlap tree nursery where trees are grown in an outdoor field setting.
Job duties include but are not limited to: planting and caring for seedlings including watering, pruning, fertilizing, and pest control. Upload, handle and sort seedlings and liners when delivered. Cultivate the fields and prepare them for planting and cultivate the rows to prevent weed growth, and plant winter cover crops performed, with tractor and cultivator. Cull unsalable material.
Perform day to day watering as needed. Maintain machines, hand tools and irrigation for daily use. Balling and burlapping mature trees with a mechanical spade. Preparing trees for safe and proper loading and transport. Will be expected to use tractors, farm implements, skid steers, and front loaders. Will also be expected to use hand pruners, sprayers, and other hand tools. Experience with farm equipment, heavy equipment, hand tools and plants useful.
* Minimum of 3 months experience required. .
* Extensive sitting, repetitive movements, extensive walking, extensive pushing/pulling.
* Exposure to extreme temps and frequent stooping
* Lifting requirement of 65 lbs.
* Must have valid NYS drivers license, or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire.
* Must be able to follow simple directions in English.
* A post-hire drug screen may be required at the employer's expense.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.