Frito Lay BFY - Quality Technician in Middletown, New York
BFY - Quality Technician
BFY Brands, the newest brand addition to Frito-Lay (and PepsiCo) has an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Technician to join the team. The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for monitoring day to day processing and packaging operations through a set of standards outlined in the Companys Expectation Policy Manual (Section B & C). Food Safety and Quality objectives are at the front-line responsibility and only trained personnel are qualified to operate and document these objectives.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform during the workday:
* Performs daily quality checks as required to ensure all company, customer, and regulatory specifications and requirements are met
* Maintain documentation to meet safe quality food (SQF), hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP), and customer requirements.
* Performs in-process and finished product checks such as base chip weight, oil or slurry application, seasoning applications, ingredient verification, net weight, metal detection, product breakage, seal testing, etc.
* Performs sensory evaluation and analysis of raw material samples, in-process, finished goods samples and retention samples.
* Verify batching process by ensuring that the correct formula is being used and all lots used are documented
* Monitor pre-op verification and operational sanitation compliance and record information/deviations as necessary, including notification of quality and production management
* Performs ATP and Allergen swabbing of manufacturing equipment.
* Performs verification of product, labels and packaging. Verifies correct labels, package sealing, date and date format, correct product, master cases, legibility of printing, any additional packaging.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOPs.
* Collects finished product retain samples.
* Inspects incoming bulk oil for proper specifications, seals, bill of lading, certificate of analysis, wash tickets, lot numbers and dates including information necessary for lot tracing
* Helps clean and sanitize the food production equipment according to standard operating procedures.
* Follows all Safety Rules and procedures by working safely and ensuring safety of others.
* Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
The following are abilities and experiences that the ideal candidate will have:
* Two or more years of QA experience preferably in a food or beverage manufacturing environment.
* Ability to function as a team member and contribute to group goals.
* Strong attention to detail, highly organized, and exemplary work ethic (Good attendance)
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Proficiency in Excel and Word as well as understands basic math.
* General understanding of GMPs, HACCP and Allergens
* Experienced at inspecting and testing products.
* Must be able to work safely and efficiently in close-quartered.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment including weekend.
Does this sound like the role you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available  EEO is the Law &  EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View  PepsiCo EEO Policy.