Barton & Loguidice Seasonal Resident Engineer / Sr. Inspector in Millerton, New York
Barton & Loguidice
B&L has openings for a Resident Engineer (NICET IV) or a Sr. Inspector (NICET III) for the 2020 and 2021 construction seasons. We are seeking administration/inspection staff for specific transportation projects in Dutchess County.
- Inspect and document daily construction activities
- Prepare daily diary/inspection reports and weekly progress reports
- Measure quantities of materials used and work performed
- Prepare/assist in preparation of monthly payment requests
- Review claims for extra work and change order costs
- Assist in coordination of utilities
- Interpret contract plans and specifications
- Assist in coordination between the owner, contractor(s) and government agencies
- The ideal candidate will have highway/bridge/paving/drainage inspection experience.
- Knowledge of NYSDOT specifications and MURK procedures and protocol is required.
- Basic computer skills are necessary to utilize construction software programs.
- Recent Public Works, NYS Thruway, and DOT retirees are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.