Cardinal Health Supply Chain/Operations Internship (Summer 2022) in Montgomery, New York
The Summer Internship Program allows students the opportunity to work on meaningful, business-essential projects that will give them the hands-on experience they need to build a solid foundation for their future. The program targets undergraduate students between their junior and senior year, and acts as a preview for full-time employment and opportunities in our leadership development program (EMERGE) upon graduation. As an intern, students will have the opportunity to participate in a formalized program, designed to increase knowledge of Cardinal Health and the healthcare industry, as well as develop essential leadership skills.
Locations : California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee, Texas (Locations vary based on business needs. Applicants must be open to relocation.)
Start Date: May 16 or 23, 2022
Hours: Approximately 40 hours a week for a minimum of 10 weeks
*Assistance with temporary housing is provided for students not local to the internship location.
Why Choose the Cardinal Health Summer Internship Program?
Experience: Interns work with Cardinal Health professionals, business partners, customers, and vendors on impactful projects in addition to daily work. To enhance leadership skills, each intern also participates on a planning committee. At the end of the summer, each intern will showcase their work in a presentation to business leaders.
Networking: Interns learn from key business leaders through the “Executive Speaker Series”. They also have the opportunity to network with other professionals through formal and informal networking events.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Maintaining and fostering a diverse, inclusive work environment is essential to Cardinal Health. Diversity is more than gender and ethnicity, it is what’s different and unique about each of us, and how our differences shape our workplace. We strive to ensure that every employee feels welcomed, supported, and valued as a vital part of our organization. Interns have access to our 7 Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Our ERGs provide employees a place to share interests, passions, and ideas that help us engage more effectively with our global customers and workforce.
Development: Interns participate in a formal one-on-one mentoring program, as well as professional workshops to enhance their business acumen. They are also able to explore full-time career paths throughout their internship experience.
Camaraderie: The internship program offers social, teambuilding, and community service events, as well as tours to help interns build a solid network of peers.
As a Supply Chain/Operations Intern , you could potentially support the organization in several of the following ways:
- Identify, analyze, and implement new or improved technologies or processes
- Develop, optimize, measure, and maintain performance and productivity
- Respond to site requirements for process improvement, facility, or technology solutions
- Knowledge and application of Lean Six Sigma principles and techniques
- Assist with the Blueprint Process through data gathering, analysis, and implementation
- Assist with a network analysis or capital project
- Analyze existing key performance indicators (KPI)
- Design and document workflow to ensure operational effectiveness
- Participate in a Kaizen event
Accountabilities in this role:
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
- Ability to prioritize requests effectively and understand importance and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with moderate level of direction
- Must be willing to adapt to shifting requirements or priorities
- Must be willing to be work in a warehouse environment
Cardinal Health recruits current, full-time students who have a combination of the following requirements:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Management, Operations, Supply Chain or a related field, preferred
- Expected graduation of winter 2022 or spring 2023, preferred
- Knowledge of supply chain principles, Lean Six Sigma or other improvement techniques a plus
- Comfortable working in a warehouse environment
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Participation in extracurricular activities and/or community service
- Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States with no requirement for future sponsorship
A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
**If you are offered a position and you accept that position, the offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a drug test, completion of a background investigation, and demonstrated evidence that you are eligible to work for any employer in the United States.
To learn more about Cardinal Health and the Internship Program visit cardinalhealth.com/college.
The Colorado Department of Labor requires all employers to provide the following information for all positions that could be performed in the state of Colorado
Anticipated hourly range: $20.00
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs