Goodness Gardens Inc. Seasonal Packer in NEW HAMPTON, New York
Position Summary: The Packer helps ensure that the fresh produce is ready to head to the labeling department by placing them into containers. Packers are responsible for cleaning, portioning, and packing individual units of retail or foodservice products into containers or boxes. Primary work is performed in the packing room at temperatures of 50-60 degrees Fahrenheit
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recognize the different herb varieties and packaging types the company offers 2. Inspect the product quickly before packaging it 3. remove any poor quality or damaged leaves and materials 4. Package the product with care while maintaining at minimum 5 containers per minute after 1 week of training 5. Communicate effectively with your superiors and team to avoid any mistakes 6. Understand and practice proper Food Safety principles, including frequent handwashing, glove use, and hairnet use 7. Reports any safety hazard in a timely manner to your Team Leader or the Food Safety Manager
Qualifications: 1. High school graduate or GED preferred 2. A positive attitude, with the ability to work with a diverse population consisting of different cultures
3. Punctuality and work ethic, respect for the company property and managers office.
4. Enjoy working with people - must be a team player and work well with others
5. Must be able to maintain a production-oriented level of work (FOCUS!)
6. Basic math (subtraction/addition) 7. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred 8. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. when needed
This position will be performed in an assembly line setting. This setting involves working in chilly temperatures (50-60 degrees) within coolers for extended periods of time. This is a fast paced, hands-on, physical work environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to moderately loud. Activities occur inside and outside. The employee will occasionally be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands required are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires exerting in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. While performing job duties the employee is regularly required to use their hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms length; and talk or hear. The employee is predominantly standing for the majority of the work day. Specific vision abilities require close vision, distance vision, color vision for product grading, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than “at will” employment relationship.