Utica National Insurance Group Chief Information Officer in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate CDDO (Committed to Delivering, Despite all Obstacles) behaviors and continue to embed CDDO behaviors throughout the Technology Center of Excellence.
- Delivering agreed upon project results on time, within budget, and including all business requirements.
- Establishing the strategic direction of the Company’s information technology architecture, software and human resources.
- Identifying technology trends and communicating same to senior management for strategy development.
- Developing the technology strategy to support business objectives.
- Providing thought leadership to: systems design and analysis, applications and systems programming, database management, network systems, telecommunications, data processing operations, and development of system architecture.
- Participating in overall corporate business planning, bringing current knowledge and future vision of technology and business systems as related to the Company’s competitive position.
- Determining long-term Company information needs and developing overall associated strategies.
- Four year college degree with a concentration in business information systems, computer science or related discipline or equivalent experience required.
- 10 or more progressive years managing simultaneous complex projects; A proven track record of delivering IT systems on time, within budget and with all expected features; PMI/PMP certification preferred
- Strong technical and analytical skills; Commitment to excellence; Diplomacy; Organizational Skills; Professionalism; Attention to Detail; The ability to deliver expected results despite obstacles and setbacks.
Occasional travel is required. On call 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 26959