Utica National Insurance Group Claims Specialist I - Workers Compensation in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Responsible for: Investigating and adjusting claims of a complex nature.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties and responsibilities as outlined for a Claims Specialist.
- Investigate and handle lost time Workers' Compensation claims with disability up to 10-12 weeks as well as minor surgeries, reduced earnings with an expected return to work date and final Impairment/Permanency Awards.
- Set up and arrange independent medical examination appointments.
- Operate somewhat on an independent basis concerning the denial, negotiation and/or settlement of claims within the assigned authorization.
- Consult with Supervisor on complex and involved technical matters.
- May have numerous contacts with the insured, the injured worker and the plaintiff attorneys on our behalf by telephone and through written correspondence.
- Four year degree in business administration or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years working as Claims Representative.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 26975