Utica National Insurance Group Commercial Rating Associate in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer orientated individuals to join our team - whether you're a seasoned professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. And, we're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Responsible for: Maintaining a sincere commitment to providing the best possible quality in all tasks performed, thus contributing to our reputation as a company known for its quality service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all rating/coding activity for complex insurance transactions.
- Evaluate applications and instructions received from underwriting for accuracy and completeness and bring discrepancies to the attention of the Services Supervisor.
- Possess thorough understanding of all rating and coding manuals necessary to the performance of assigned duties.
- May be utilized to oversee performance of lower related job classes and coordinate activities of same but shall not usurp the authority and responsibilities of the supervisor.
- Maintain acceptable productivity levels established by management; Aid supervisor in interpretation of ISO circulars if requested.
Education: High school or equivalent experience required.
Experience: 1-2 years working as a Commercial Rater/Coder or a comparable commercial lines rater (manual, primarily) in another insurance company preferred. Willing to train individuals who are hard working and eager to learn the insurance industry.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must complete any required assessments if being considered for a position.
Req Id: 27064