Utica National Insurance Group Facilities Technician II in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Responsible for: Provides facilities support, including HVAC, mechanical, plumbing maintenance as well as general maintenance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision will perform preventative maintenance services on HVAC, mechanical, plumbing systems, vehicles and small grounds-keeping equipment.
- Perform snow removal and grounds-keeping duties as assigned using heavy equipment as needed.
- Physically perform the duties necessary to construct and complete sheet rock offices, build workstations, move furniture and refresh painted surfaces.
- May be called upon to provide general maintenance to grounds, rest rooms, garage and kitchen areas.
- Ability to inspect fire extinguishers, AED units, eye wash stations, emergency and exit lights and guard stops throughout the building.
- Ability to operate and monitor security systems to include; CCTV, card access, fire alarm and intrusion panel.
- Follow safety and security policies for all aspects of the position at all times.
- Work side by side with Building Operations team members, vendors, consultants and contractors on building HVAC, electrical, plumbing, construction and mechanical repairs and projects.
- Communicate effectively to team members, procurement and vendors on project requirements and scope of work.
- Mentor with Facilities Technician I and Maintenance Worker team members to increase their knowledge and understanding of Building Operations.
- Increase technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and certification programs in addition to mentoring with members of the Building Operations team.
- Other project duties as assigned.
- Available and on call 24 x 7 for building operations issues.
- Ability to flex shift to temporarily cover 2nd or 3rd shift duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with certification in trade related discipline level preferred
- Valid Drivers License.
- 2 – 4 years of experience Building Operations or Facilities Maintenance support role.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 26921