Utica National Insurance Group Lead Instructional Designer in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
- Partner with the Centers of Excellence and Business Segments, with or through the HR Business Partners, to identify learning and development needs. Lead initiative(s) to address those needs and close gaps – including measuring the Company ROI.
- Identify, develop and deliver learning and professional development solutions through internal resources and/or external vendors, as appropriate.
- Conduct formal needs analysis. Provide oversight, input and advice regarding learning theory to ensure design and delivery meet the identified learning goals. Ensure learning programs follow adult learning theory and have expected employee and Company impact
- Oversee the training evaluation process via the Kirkpatrick model. Monitor and evaluate program data to determine ROI, effectiveness, relevance and quality of materials and content.
- Contribute significantly to development and implementation of an overall workforce plan, including identification of future business/skills needs, and build out of solutions related to talent development, skills acquisition and career pathing.
- Oversee the facilitation of learning programs to ensure they are delivered in an engaging and effective manner.
- Ensure that both long-term, strategic and short-term, tactical learning needs are met. Monitors industry trends and marketplace experiences relevant to training operations.
- Establish best practices for the use of a specific learning technology. Defines best practices for instructional strategies and delivery mechanisms.
- Coach and develop a team of Corporate Learning Specialists with direct reporting relationship.
- Coach and develop dedicated business specific trainers and partner with them to develop materials in alignment with learning best practices and procedures. This relationship will be managed through a “dotted line” reporting structure.
- Responsible for all aspects of the corporate training and professional development budgets. Determine, monitor, manage and balance the budgets.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: 4-yr degree and/or equivalent experience-Advanced education in learning methods is strongly recommended
Experience: A minimum of five years related experience
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 27085