Utica National Insurance Group Project Manager in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Status: Exempt – An exempt employee should expect to find it necessary to work beyond the regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. In accepting employment for an exempt position, the employee acknowledges and agrees to fulfill this expectation.
Responsible for: Leading one or more projects to successful conclusions within the constraints of scope, quality, time, and cost and within the established project standards, to deliver specified requirements and meet customer satisfaction. Projects will range from full life cycle (Initiation through Implementation and Close) to partial life cycle dependent on schedule, size and complexity of the initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Document scope, objectives, goals, requirements and deliverables for assigned projects.
- Develop, maintain and archive project documentation, cost estimates, work plans, issues/risk logs, status reports and other project deliverables per standards.
- Collaborate with management, business and technology groups throughout the project lifecycle. Perform effective change management, risk management and issue/problem resolution.
- Ensure that standard change management procedures are consistently applied so that any changes to projects are identified, evaluated, authorized and documented.
- Manage trade-offs between scope, quality, time and cost; manage conflicts to an early resolution and escalate unresolved issues to management.
- Ensure adherence to corporate security, compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Communicate regular project progress to leaders and publics. Escalate decisions and any unresolved issues.
- Ensure all given objectives of the team are properly documented and approved.
- Ensure the team’s objectives are consistent with the project’s stated Key Success Metrics and the specific objectives.
- Deliver to time and cost within agreed tolerances, ensure quality is achieved as planned.
- Motivate and manage project teams made up of all levels of staff and vigorously pursue the team’s given objectives.
- Assist in training others the established processes and tools for the management of projects, mentor team members in established project management processes and techniques.
- Mentor others with the proper application of the methodologies in use.
- Assist in the development / refinement of the project management processes, methodologies and documentation.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing, best practices and continuous improvement of project methodology and processes.
Education: 4 year college degree with a concentration in business and/or computer science or related disciplines or equivalent experience required. PMI/PMP Certification a plus and is strongly preferred. Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or Black Belt Certification/training a plus.
Experience: Strong experience in project management with demonstrated mastery in effectively running meetings, establishing goals, development of detailed plans for projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources and fixed deadlines
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 27027