Utica National Insurance Group Senior Software Developer in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
*_Education:_ *Bachelor’s degree in IT or computer science strongly preferred.
Experience: 5+ years Development experience
Job Description:* Provides information on the detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. _ This position is at the senior development level.*_
- Designs and codes application programs; performs testing for developed applications.
- Conducts analyses of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system.
- Ensures the operating efficiency of existing application systems. Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- *Service Oriented Architecture (SOA): *Knowledge of concepts, philosophies, processes and disciplines for service-oriented IT architecture; ability to design and manage a service-based IT architecture that emphasizes sharing of business processes and supports business agility.
- *IT Standards, Procedures & Policies: *Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- *Application Delivery Process: *Knowledge of and ability to utilize major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies to deliver new or enhanced applications.
- *Requirements Analysis: *Knowledge of and ability to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
- *Application Design, Architecture: *Knowledge of and ability to utilize application design methodologies, tools and techniques to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
- *Packaged Application Integration: *Knowledge of and ability to integrate packaged applications across diverse systems, databases and technology platforms, to share business data and processes among connected application sources.
- *Application Testing: *Knowledge of and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
- *Implementation: *Knowledge of and the ability to implement application software within an organization in order to help end-users perform specific tasks (ex: accounting or graphic design).
- *Application Maintenance: *Knowledge of and ability to define, implement make changes to, and support a production application.
- *Application Development Tools: *Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
- Familiarity with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities, Application Penetration Testing, Application Security Testing
- Must have strong knowledge of web application security best practices pertaining to Microsoft development technologies and modern UX frameworks
- 3+ years C# .NET development experience
- 1+ years classic ASP experience
- 1+ years of Angular experience preferred
- 1+ years of Bootstrap experience preferred
- EpiServer CMS or similar content management system experience
- SQL DB testing - proficiency in SQL injection and form validation
- Strong background in SQL querying
- Superior communication skills (oral, written & presentation)
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 26880