Utica National Insurance Group Sr Commercial Lines Underwriter in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Underwrite small commercial insurance products including Business Owners Policy (BOP), Commercial Package Policy (CPP) Workers Compensation, Commercial Automobile and Commercial Umbrella to ensure accurate risk selection and pricing.
- Support Company and Regional Office growth, retention and profitability initiatives.Will have frequent communication and interaction with regional marketing staff and regional leaders.
- Underwriting Sales of small commercial products and coverages through regular and proactive communication with agents.
- Occasional travel to agent offices and/or agent events.
- Train and mentor less-experienced underwriters as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 years of insurance agency or company underwriting experience.
- New Business experience.
- Property & Casualty Insurance industry coursework a plus
- Strong Sales Skills and Business Acumen
- Ability to negotiate mutually beneficial solutions
- Excellent people skills – Comfortable communicating in person, via telephone, email, text, etc.
- Solid analytical skills
- The successful candidate will be well-organized, goal-oriented, self-motivated and energetic, and will be able to think critically possessing a natural inquisitiveness
*Position is Bonus Eligible
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 27076