Utica National Insurance Group State Filings Supervisor in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer-oriented people - whether you're a seasoned insurance professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. We're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Manage all duties of the State Filings Department.
- Assume responsibilities for production schedules, quality of work, workflow originate procedures, methods and improvements within the section.
- Oversee accuracy of filings with regard to meeting regulatory requirements and company requirements.
- Organize priorities for design, construction and negotiations of filings with regulators to obtain fast approvals.
- Defend, negotiate and substantiate filings in response to regulatory questions
- Maintain corporate records of approved rates, dividends, deviations, and commissions, so to comply with all legal, regulatory and commercial requirements.
- Answer questions and give training to state filing analysts. Creating a training plan as necessary and a cross training plan for business continuity and efficiencies.
- Be responsible for hiring, training, providing leadership, motivation, performance appraisals, salary recommendations and establishing performance measures for the State Filings Department.
Evaluate performance of all state filings EE’s making sure they are CDDO, and adhering to CSPIU and Product Innovation policies.
Perform some duties as described under state filings and product analysts; provide guidance for state filings analysis around process and questions of job duties.
Plan and distribute work to employees within the section.
Provide technical assistance to IT for use in conduction with state filings systems.
Make recommendations regarding content and filing strategy to other management.
Provide estimates regarding approximate filing time/approval dates to others.
Monitor the insurance department filing requirements and maintain expertise regarding statutory standards for rates rules and forms.
Develop and maintain a master file of bureau circulars with the ability to notify affected departments as to what manual pages and filings have been adopted.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 4-7 years of State Filings experience.
- Leadership experience preferred.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan for full time employees that include the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Credit Union membership
- Employees' Club
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
This is an exempt position. By applying for this position, you acknowledge that as an exempt employee, you should expect to find it necessary to work beyond your regular work schedule in order to fulfill the demands of the position. As such, in accepting our offer, you acknowledge and agree to fulfill this expectation.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must meet company requirements on our online assessment test.
Req Id: 27061