Utica National Insurance Group Underwriting Support Associate in New Hartford, New York
If you seek a truly outstanding employment experience, Utica National is the place for you. We are always looking for conscientious, customer orientated individuals to join our team - whether you're a seasoned professional or just starting out. We offer a supportive and friendly work environment that features a variety of career paths.
We offer challenging assignments, advancement opportunities, full benefits packages, competitive salaries, and a great work environment. And, we're big enough to offer the opportunities you need to be successful, but not so big that you'll get lost in the crowd.
Duties and Responsibilities: The associate is trained to handle all tasks associated with renewal preparation for all account sizes pertaining to countrywide new and renewal business.
- Analyze and completes preparatory underwriting tasks in support of New and Renewal Underwriting.
- Serve as a point of contact for underwriters and agents in support of writing profitable new business and retaining renewals.
- Work in support of strengthening and maintaining Profit Center and agency relationships. Develop and maintain a strong customer service focus/commitment.
- Frequent interaction with Profit Center Underwriting, supervisory staff, HO and agents in support of efficient and effective work processes.
- Communicate with agents, Profit Centers, and other company personnel relating to rate, coverage and policy information.
- Update and maintain manuals, special notices, and profit center and program exceptions as required.
- May serve as a trainer to other Underwriting support staff members.
Education: . 1-2 years of office related experience preferred. Minimum high school required.
- Strong typing skills are required
- Demonstrated proficiency in various computer applications.
- Effective interpersonal skills are required.
We believe strongly that talented people are core to our success and are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, career advancement and challenging work opportunities. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
We offer both full and part time employment with the goal of providing work life balance to our talented workforce.
As part of our hiring process, candidates must also pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen, additional screening for credit or MVR may be required for some positions.
Utica National is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply now and find out what it’s like to be a part of an amazing team, thrive in an exciting environment and work for a company you can be proud of. Once you complete your application, you can monitor your status in the hiring process by logging into your profile. A representative from our Talent Management Group will be in touch if you are moving forward. Candidates must complete any required assessments if being considered for a position.
Req Id: 27023