Dressel Farms LLC Farmworker and Laborer, Crop in New Paltz, New York
18 fulltime seasonal H-2A jobs available 8/15/2019-11/1/2019.
Harvest fruits such as apples and pears by hand. Pick apples for fresh marketing and/or processing. All fruit to be handled with care to avoid bruising. Workers may be instructed to selectively pick mature fruit according to size, color, and other USDA standards. Worker must be physically able to pick tree fruit, most of which is done from ladders with lower branches being picked from the ground.
* Workers must have a minimum of three months of verifiable experience in the tasks described.
* Workers required to handle ladders up to 24' long and weighing about 2 lbs. per foot.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Employer will provide 3 days of training
* Due to safety concerns on a farm, workers must understand basic instructions in English.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures/repetitive movements/ extensive walking and frequent stooping.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYS DOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm.