Evolutionary Organics Farmworkers and Laborers in New Paltz, New York
5 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 3/25/2019-12/17/2019.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest crops, use hand tools, trowels, hoes, knives, shears, and other tools. Duties include tilling soil and applying fertilizers; transplanting, weeding, thinning crops; applying pesticides; cleaning, packing, and loading produce.
Construct trellises, maintain fences and farm buildings, and install and run irrigation. Operate tractors and tractor implements, and self propelled equipment for tillage, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, and harvesting.
Crop experience includes: baby salad greens, squash, heirloom tomatoes, peas, beans, beets, peppers, cucumbers, potatoes, eggplant, kale, Asian greens, garlic, some berries and herbs.
* Must have three verifiable months of experience.
* A criminal background check will be performed at the expense of the employer, post hire.
* Driver Requirements
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Lifting requirement of 100 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling and frequent stooping.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm