Evolutionary Organics Farmworkers and Laborers in New Paltz, New York
4 Fulltime H-2A Seasonal Jobs available 3/30/2020-12/17/2020.
Manually plant, cultivate, and harvest crops. Use hand tools, trowels, hoes, knives, and other tools. Duties include tilling of soil, applying fertilizers, weeding, organic pesticide applications, harvest, cleaning, packing and loading of produce, Constructions of trellises, fence and farm building maintenance, installing and running irrigation, operating tractors and implements for tillage, cultivation, fertilization, and spraying. Identifying plants, weeds, and pests. Informing employer of crop progress daily, seed starting, and greenhouse work.
Crops include: baby salad greens, squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, potatoes, herbs, berries, beets, peas, kale, and beans.
* Must have 3 months of verifiable experience.
* A criminal background check will be performed at the expense of the employer, post hire.
* Driver Requirements
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Lifting requirement of 75 lbs.
* Repetitive movements, extensive pushing/pulling and frequent stooping/bending.
Entire job duty description (ETA 790 and Spanish translation) should be reviewed and provided to qualified applicants from the NYSDOL website at http://labor.ny.gov/careerservices/h2a_orders.shtm