Tractor Supply Company Team Member-Carhartt in New Windsor, New York
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
As a Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the the following requirements:
Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
Greet the Customer
Uncover the Customers’ needs
Ask for the Sale
- Team Members are required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every Team Member be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
Enthusiastically promote the brand by being an ambassador for Carhartt and provde and extraordinary shopping experience.
Identify sales opportunities finding the perfect solution for each and every customer.
Maintain the appearance of the selling floor by following the Plan-o-grams, restocking and processing Carhartt product and merchandise according to Carhartt standards and company directives.
Ensure the ease of customer shopping experience through the visual presentation and overall shop maintenance.
Actively participate in merchandising activities including, but not limited to:
Ensure product is on the sales floor to proper inventory levels and maintained to daily standards.
Execute merchandising to direction- placement and flow; utilize sell thru reports and key item data to maximize opportunities
Implement seasonal initiative plans- install brand initiative elements
Lead seasonal and shop transitions; identify shop/fixture maintenance needs
Update and execute seasonal, sale and clearance signage
Provide the Carhartt high level of customer service and satisfaction with every customer and sales opportunity.
Participate in ongoing Carhartt training to gain knowledge of the features, benefits, and technology of Carhartt products.
Provide a monthly report on shop performance and visual execution including customer feedback.
Communicate with Carhartt and TSC buying teams any out of stock items or concerns immediately.
Participate in mandatory freight process
Execute price changes/markdowns
Operator Cardboard Baler
Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned as it pertains to Carhartt shop.
Experience: No experience required. Retail experience and apparel/merchandising knowledge is strongly preferred.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Basic computer skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines.
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions)
The Team Member position is non-sedentary. It is essential that Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. Team members must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
• Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
• Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
• Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
• Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
• Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
• Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
• Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
• Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
• Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
• Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane if needed (propane certification and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of 18).
• Ability to successfully complete all required training.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Tractor Supply HR Support Center: (p) 844-872-4357 (e-mail) HRPaperwork@TractorSupply.com
Requisition ID 2019-13298
Job Locations US-NY-New Windsor
Tractor Supply Company
- Tractor Supply Company Jobs