PepsiCo eCom Technical Project Manager in New York City, New York
Auto req ID: 242305BR
The next great shift in consumer behavior driven by technological disruption is underway, and it’s happening in the food & beverage industry.
As other sectors have shifted to eCommerce-first business models in recent years, food & beverage has continued to rely predominantly on traditional brick & mortar models, but this is changing rapidly. New technologies are transforming every aspect of reaching consumers, from the rise of digital marketing and online grocery platforms, to the creation of supply chain tools that enable speedy at-home delivery. According to the Food Marketing Institute, 70% of U.S. consumers will shop online for groceries by 2024, with an estimated annual spend of $100 billion.
To deepen our efforts to seize this opportunity and lead the food & beverage industry into its remarkable next chapter, PepsiCo - a global company with powerhouse brands including Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker, and Tropicana - is expanding its Global eCommerce Team. We’re looking for the greatest minds in data & analytics, software development, machine learning optimization, and next-generation supply chain. Given PepsiCo’s incredible reach - our foods and beverages are enjoyed more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories, and our value chain involves diverse partners ranging from farmers and food scientists to retailers and logistics specialists - the challenges we’re addressing are complex and the solutions will be deeply impactful.
Although PepsiCo is a large multinational, the PepsiCo Global eCommerce Team prides itself on having the entrepreneurial, action-oriented culture of an exciting startup business. Our group includes startup founders, Silicon Valley veterans, food & beverage experts, and seasoned executives from digital transformation leaders such as Amazon and Walmart. Our goal is to build the technological products and capabilities that will reinvent our industry and make us the #1 food & beverage business in eCommerce for decades to come.
We're looking for a Technical Project Manager with deep experience working on Lean or Agile software development projects to help us grow our next-generation customer and marketing analytics platform. In this role, you will facilitate communication between the cross-functional implementation teams and the users and stakeholders within the business, guiding the design and implementation of new capabilities.
To ensure success in the role, you should exhibit strong leadership skills and extensive experience in technical project management. Top-notch technical project managers combine their business knowledge with technological expertise to promote product innovation.
Other responsibilities include:
* Collaborating with software developers, data engineers, and data scientists to discover innovative solutions to hard business problems.
* Communicating technical challenges clearly and concisely to business users and stakeholders.
* Reporting product development progress to senior leadership.
* Support Lean and Agile process improvement initiatives within the broader technical organization.
* We need you to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the organization as we continue to push technology forward.
* Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, software engineering, technology management, business management, or similar.
* 3-5 years of experience in technical program management.
* Advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of product development.
* Experience in product development and providing leadership.
* Extensive experience with Lean and Agile principles and practices.
* Ability to collaborate with technical engineers and report to senior managers.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
* Experience working with data engineering and data science teams
* Advertising/Marketing product experience
Relocation Eligible: Not Eligible for Relocation
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy