McGraw Hill Education Higher Education Sales Representative (Long Island) in New York City, New York
Impact the Moment
When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work? Our Higher Education Sales team thrives on building meaningful relationships with educators and learners. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes. We’re looking for a Higher Education Sales Representative to support our Long Island market (candidate must be located in Long Island, the New York City boroughs, or Nassau County area).
Reporting to a District Sales Manager in our Higher Education Sales Organization, the Higher Education Sales Representative will be responsible for exceeding sales expectations of McGraw Hill’s suite of Higher Education course products within the assigned territory of college and by connecting with faculty and key stake holders at colleges and universities to increase market share and McGraw Hill digital usage.
How will you make an impact?
• Leveraging McGraw Hill’s existing customer base to grow digital users and increase market share in new course area to reach and exceed established sales goals for assigned territory.
• Building strong relationships with faculty and administrators and with Deans, Provosts, etc.– becoming their trusted advisor for higher education course solutions and continuously identifying new opportunities to cultivate partnerships.
• Collaborating with college bookstores/business offices to ensure delivery of content and gain understanding of campus initiatives.
• Working in partnership with internal McGraw Hill colleagues on strategies for winning business, driving revenue growth, and ensuring appropriate training and implementation plans.
• Using a CRM system to develop and maintain territory pipeline from prospect to close.
• Leading sales calls with customers and delivering sales presentations to a variety of audiences.
• Working with sales leadership to ensure alignment with sales strategy.
• Traveling and visiting campuses within the assigned territory on a daily basis during the selling season.
We’re looking for someone with:
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Evidence of being a high achiever with track record of success demonstrating a passion to succeed and competitive spirit.
• At least 2 years of sales experience (preferably has managed a territory in outside sales and traveled to accounts).
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment, adapt to change, and problem solve independently.
• Excellent presentation communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with a CRM tools (such as Salesforce or SaleLoft), understanding of productivity software, and strong Excel skills are a plus.
Higher Education Sales Representatives are experienced sales consultants and communicators who are highly organized, data-driven, and have the ability to quickly learn and leverage new technologies to maximize the impact of McGraw Hill solutions on educators and learners. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit – is willing to seek out, engage, and close business all while working in a dynamic/complex environment. Intellectual curiosity and an appreciation for educational institutions are keys to success in this role.
Why work for us?
The work you do at McGraw Hill will be work that matters. We are collectively designing content that will build the future of education. Play your part and experience a sense of fulfilment that will inspire you to even greater heights.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.