MasterCard Principal Product Management, Technical in New York City, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Principal Product Management, Technical
Are you a seasoned technical product leader who wants to shape the future of industry-leading services, platforms and products? Are you a leader who is passionate about developing people working with you while building and nurturing an inclusive team culture? You can do all this and more as Principal Product Management – Technical at Mastercard.
At Mastercard, we build technologies that connect individuals, businesses and organizations everywhere around the world every day to the things that matter the most, creating greater opportunities for all. We also ensure that every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and has the opportunity to improve lives for everyone. Mastercard ranks among the World’s Most Admired Companies, the World’s Most Ethical Companies, the World’s Most Innovative Companies, America’s Best Employers for Diversity, HRC’s Best Places to Work, OUTstanding Leading LGBT+ & Ally Executives, Top Companies for Women.
As a Principal / Director Product Management - Technical for Digital Enablement, you will be responsible for conceptualization through delivery of our next generation platform capabilities that add value to the ecosystem of cardholders, issuers and merchant partners. You and your fellow Product Managers will flesh out business concepts, provide clarity of thought, decompose requirements into user stories, prioritize the backlog, and accept work from the scrum teams. You and your team are a key stakeholder in what will ultimately be built. You will have a long term perspective and look beyond the current business needs to become expert in your domain. In doing so, you will integrate the right technology solutions to build a performant scalable sustainable platform. In addition, you will coach and guide your team and your peers, unblock them and champion their voices.
This Principal Product Management – Technical (PM-T) leads a global team of PM-Ts who are setting the vision and direction for the micro-services and APIs/SDKs that form the building blocks of our cloud platform. The PM-Ts in your team synthesize, prioritize, and groom requirements into user stories, prioritize the backlog, and define the acceptance criteria, to continuously deliver high quality features in our scrum delivery model. In this role, you will:
• Inspire, coach, develop and as needed manage a team of product managers, including potentially first level people managers of PM-Ts
• Instill and grow the product mindset, the sense of end-to-end ownership, and product management disciplines and practices that grow our ability to innovate for our customers
• Lead the end-to-end product development process working in partnership with other product management functions, bring and encourage imagination of what’s possible to delight our customers, drive key technical roadmap decisions, and ensure that everything is in place to successfully land products and features
• Create a data driven and continuous learning culture across your organization and use this data to drive incremental improvements across the company
• Continuously monitor and analyze key performance indicators on the organization’s score card and move them in a positive direction
• Rigorously inspect the roadmaps and backlogs for all of the platform products and associated delivery plans of your PM-Ts using your own tech depth, product development experience and business acumen to assess risks and continuously raising the bar across all platform product dimensions
• Build and cultivate strong internal partnerships, manage escalations, and maintain a collaborative culture to drive the best outcomes for our customers
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Demonstrated experience as a successful people manager of full-time employees including other people managers, along with the ability to attract, recruit and develop technical talent
• Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Ownership of the problem space to do what it takes to design and deliver the complete product
• Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and application of continuous improvement methodologies across your team
• Obsession to deliver the best end-to-end customer experience, grow the business area, and refine the product management practice
• Ability to dive deep into the intricacies of the customers’ context, business requirements, technical code or architecture, and operational characteristics of the product
• Demonstrated ability to debate product merits and technical trade-offs with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing executive leadership while commanding the respect of individual engineers across the organization
• Product development or engineering experience
• Depth of experience with Web Services is required. Experiences with Cloud, Big Data, Data Science/Analytics, Microservices are a big plus
• BS/MS/MBA in related discipline
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-93820
- MasterCard Jobs